Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's Started Already ~or~ Matt's in Trouble

Here is a conversation that Emma and I had as we drove in to work/school yesterday morning...

Emma: sniffing because of a runny nose

Me: Emma, do you need a tissue?

Emma: No... I need money.

Me: Silent while trying to determine if she really asked for money.

Emma: Mommy, do you have any money?

Now I am just trying to determine what she wanted the money for. Did she want to pick up a few more books at the school's book fair? Or did she want to do some shopping at Rice Village on her lunch break? Maybe one of her friends has a better lunch than her and she was thinking about trying to buy it? Or could there there be an underground poker club at her school?

On the way home yesterday she did say she wanted to go to the store. I asked her what she wanted to buy and she said eggs and coffee cream. But isn't that what every two year old wants to buy? I think she says that she wants to go to the store or out to eat almost every day. She is already turning into a social butterfly like her mommy and is happy to just be going anywhere. It is so cute when she says, "I want to go out to eat. I don't want to eat at home." or "I want to go to the store." in her cute little voice.

When we were on our way to my family reunion in July, one of our many potty stops (we had just started potty training Emma) was at a Buc-ee's type gas station so it had some random stuff for sale inside. As we were leaving, Emma was looking at all of the wonderful things at her eye level and she looked at me and said "I want to shop Mommy." When I told her that we needed to get back on the road her response was, "But I want to buy something." This is terribly cute at two, but I wonder if it will have the same effect when she is sixteen. Guess we will have to wait to find out.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hilarious! If she is starting this early, Matt might need to get a second job! :P