Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

Vocabulary

Emma Ruth is adding more words to her vocabulary, so I thought I would share some of her words. I am even including pronunciations for your amusement. She isn't the best about putting the consonants on the ends of words, but she is definitely making progress. Of course, she will still carry on an entire conversation in her own language. Maybe her toys and stuffed animals understand what she is saying, because she doesn't seem to mind that I don't.

All gone - pronounced Awe Gawn while waving both her hands at her side
Bag - pronounced Baah
Book - pronounced Buh
Dada - pronounced Dada
Dog - pronounced Daw-guh or Daw
Mama - pronounced Mama
Milk - pronounced Mi
More - pronounced Muhr
No - pronounced No
Nose - pronounced No
Uh-oh - pronounced Uh-oh

I have discovered that this expansion can have its downside. We are out of milk, so this morning I gave Emma some juice with her breakfast. She brought it back to me and said Mi Mi. Made me feel a little worse that I knew she wanted milk and we didn't have any. Note to self - buy milk on the way home. :)

No comments: