Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 26, 2010

Learning Curve

For a while, Matt and I have been sitting Emma Ruth on the toilet before she takes her bath. We just want her to get used to it - not that we are actually expecting her to get why she is on there at 16 months - even though I often hear that Matt was potty trained completely at 18 months... While Grama and Granddad Thompson were here last week, they bought Emma a little princess potty. Now we sit her on her little potty. Last night when I set her on there, she tinkled just a little bit. I told her good job and we moved onto the bath. This morning when I was getting her ready for school, I noticed her diaper was completely dry. I decided to set her on the potty again. She was not having any of that. She has never resisted sitting on the potty, but I didn't want to force her. Don't want to start a dislike to the potty. After I gave up and she was standing, without clothes, in the middle of the bathroom, she looked up at me. Then she pointed at the potty, maded a little "uuh" noise, and proceeded to tinkle all over herself and the floor. At least she acknowledged that she should have gone on the potty, right? :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is great! Too funny!

Grama and Granddad said...

Plant a seed and it will grow. Emma will surprise us all when she is ready! We love you Emma Ruth! Grama and Granddad